Taxmann’s Principles & Practice of Accounting For CA Foundation New Syllabus by DG Sharma & SK Agrawal Applicable for JUNE 2023 Exams
This book aims to build up the students’ knowledge base & lay the foundation for their professional education. It endeavors to provide a good command of the basics such as Accounting Concepts & Conventions, Capital & Revenue Items, etc., to be well equipped to face the CA Intermediate level of Accounting.
This book is prepared exclusively for the Foundation Level of Chartered Accountancy Examination requirement. It covers the entire revised, new syllabus as per ICAI.
The Present Publication is the 2nd Edition for CA-Foundation | New Syllabus | May/Nov. 2022 exams, authored by CA D.G. Sharma & Dr S.K. Agrawal, with the following noteworthy features:
- [Numerous Illustrations] have been incorporated in the book
- [Detailed Working Notes & Practice Questions] along with Hints & Answers have provided in the book
- [Lucid Discussions in a Simple Language] for theoretical concepts is provided for a comprehensive understanding
Coverage of this book includes:
- Questions from RTPs & MTPs of ICAI
- Past Exam Questions till Dec. 2021 Exam
Contents of this book are as follows:
- Theoretical Framework – Meaning & Scope of Accounting
- Theoretical Framework – Accounting Concepts, Principles & Conventions
- Theoretical Framework – Capital and Revenue Expenditure
- Theoretical Framework – Contingent Assets and Contingent Liabilities
- Theoretical Framework – Accounting Policies
- Theoretical Framework – Accounting Standards – Concepts, Objective, Benefits
- Theoretical Framework – Accounting as a Measurement Discipline – Valuation Principles, Accounting Estimates
- Accounting Process (Journal, Ledger, Trial Balance, Cash Book, Subsidiary Books)
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Bills of Exchange
- Rectification of Errors
- Final Accounts
- Inventory Valuation
- Sale of Goods on Approval or Return Basis
- Consignment Accounts
- Average Due Date
- Account Current
- Not for Profit Organization
- Company Accounts – Shares
- Company Accounts – Debentures
- Company Accounts – Financial Statement of Companies
About the author
CA D.G. Sharma is an eminent and most admired faculty in the student fraternity. He is an epitome of knowledge, helping students to realise their potential and achieve newer heights. Academically he is a rare gem as he has qualified all three prestigious exams, i.e., CA, CS, and ICWA.
He believes that the profession of Chartered Accountancy is rewarding and responsible. He opines that CA’s have to be an expert in Accounting and to gain command, students should acquire knowledge. He imbibes confidence in students by giving conceptual clarity. His success mantra is ‘Do not memorise everything, try to understand everything’/
D.G. Sharma is the Co-Founder of CAPS, a premier commerce coaching institute in central India. He has penned 10+ books in accountancy published by renowned publishing houses.
Dr. S.K. Agrawal holds a Doctorate from Kanpur University, and he has teaching experience of more than 23 years across countless batches. He has been imparting knowledge and values to his students in his institution – Sky Academy (Kanpur). A post-graduate in Commerce & B.Ed., Dr. S.K. Agrawal has been teaching accountancy to students of class XIth, XIIth at the grass-root level, CA-Foundation/CPT & CA-Intermediate/IPC. Dr. S.K. Agarwal’s experience is as follows:
- Twenty-four years of teaching experience in Accountancy in I.S.C., C.A. & B.Com.
- Four years teaching experience in Accountancy in St. Aloysis School, Kanpur (1998-99 to 2001-02)
- Nine years teaching experience in Accountancy in St. Mary’s Convent School, Kanpur (2002-11)
- Worked as a supervising examiner in 2005 in St. Lawrence High School, Unnao
- Worked as a supervising examiner in 2007 in Methodist High School, Kanpur
- Worked as a supervising examiner in 2008 in United Public School, Kanpur
There are no reviews yet.