Taxmann’s International Financial Management Text & Cases for PGDM/ MBA/ MBE/ M.Com./ MIB and other Post-graciplines by Prof. Madhu Vij Edition 2022
- Foreign Exchange Market
- International Financial System
- Eurocurrency Market
- Currency Futures & Options
- Country Risk Analysis
- Capital Budgeting
The key highlight of this book is that it uses several examples (both numerical & theoretical) to highlight the applications of various dimensions of international finance.
This book aims to fulfil the requirement of students of PGDM, MBA, M.Com., Master of Economics, Master of Finance & Control (MFC), MIB, other Post Graduate Diploma in Risk Management & other post-graduate specialized disciplines.
The Present Publication is the 4th Edition, authored by Prof. Madhu Vij. The book has been organized around five major areas, namely:
- [International Financial Environment] emphasizing its institutional set-up while discussing why is it important to study international finance. This area is further subdivided into four chapters, namely:
- Overview of the International Financial Management
- History of International Monetary System; Emphasis on Bretton Woods System
- International Financial Institutions with a particular focus on the World Bank, International Monetary Fund (IMF), and European Monetary System
- Balance of Payment Concepts and Accounting
- [The Foreign Exchange Markets]
- Foreign Currency Futures and Options Contracts that are traded on Stock Exchanges
- Forex Markets with an emphasis on Fundamentals of Forex Trading, Overview of Operations of the Spot and Foreign Exchange Markets, How is Foreign Exchange Quoted and Traded Worldwide
- [Managing Foreign Exchange Exposure]
- Management of Foreign Exchange Risk with a discussion on kinds of exposure MNCs face
- Translation Exposure or Accounting Exposure, which discusses the various methods for translating financial statements
- Management of Transaction Exposure that arises from contractual obligations denominated in a foreign currency
- Management of Economic Exposure
- [Financial Management of the Multinational Firm]
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Cost of Capital and Capital Structure of the MNC
- Application and Interpretation of MNC Capital Budgeting explaining various methods with the help of numerical examples and case studies
- Multinational Cash Management
- Identifies and Analyses the Various Dimensions of Country Risk Analysis
- Eurocurrency and Eurobond Market
- [Managing Foreign Operations]
- Interest Rate and Currency Swaps explaining how they can be used to reduce financing costs and risks
- Global Depository Receipts and American Depository Receipts
About the author
Prof. Madhu Vij is a former Senior Professor of Finance with over four decades of experience at the Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi. Her professional and teaching interests include the areas of International Finance, Risk Management, Banking and Financial Services, Corporate Finance and Accounting.
At present, she is the Academic Council Chair and President at Global Risk Management Institute, Gurugram. Currently, Prof. Vij also serves as the Government Nominee to the Institute of Company Secretaries of India and is an Independent Director for four private limited companies. She has been a Non-Executive Independent Director of MOIL Limited, a Mini Ratna PSU from 25-6-2010 to 24-6-2013. She is a member of, Board of Governors, Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, member of Academic Advisory Body, Indian Institute of Management, Sirmaur, to name a few.
Prof. Vij has received the Alumni Excellence award from Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi. Dr Vij has participated and attended the Global Colloquium on ‘Participant Centred Learning’ at Harvard Business School, Boston, USA. She was on the Panel of Judges for an award of PM’s trophy for selecting the best steel plant for two years (2011-2013) and has also been a member of Ad-Hoc Task Force, Results Framework Document (2011-2013).
Prof. Vij is actively involved in research, consultancy and training for several leading public and private organizations in the areas of Risk management, Project management, Strategic financial management, Case-based method of learning and teaching, Finance for Non-finance managers.
She is on the editorial board of several Journals and has participated in Conferences and presented research papers both in India and abroad. Prof. Vij’s research interests include credit ratings and financial crisis, enterprise risk management and corporate sustainability, country risk analysis, foreign exchange risk management, treasury management, corporate valuation, asset-liability management and corporate governance. She has completed several projects sanctioned by National bodies like UGC, RBI, ICSSR, SAIL and Delhi University. She serves on the editorial board and is a reviewer for several academic journals and national and international conferences. Dr Vij has extensively published research papers in International and National Journals of repute and has presented papers globally in banking and finance. She has authored four books, namely Multinational Financial Management, Management Accounting, Management of Financial Institutions and a book on Corporate Finance for NIIT for MBA participants for ITT, USA. She has also co-authored two books – one on ‘Merchant Banking and Financial Services’ and the second one on ‘Women’s Studies in India: A Journey of 25 Years’.
Prof. Vij had been the Director, Women’s Studies and Development Centre, the University of Delhi for one year (June 2012 to July 2013) and is actively involved in working on Gender issues, has delivered special talks in this area and has also worked on a project on ‘Microfinance and Gender’.
There are no reviews yet.