Taxmann’s CLASS NOTES for Indirect Tax Laws is a one-stop solution to conquer the vast subject of Indirect Taxation with ease. The objective behind this book is to explain the complicated provisions of the law in a simplified manner with the help of charts & diagrams.
This book covers the following laws:
- GST Act
- Customs Act
- Foreign Trade Policy
The Present Publication is the 3rd Edition (for CA-Final | New Syllabus) & Updated till 30th April 2021, authored by CA (Dr.) Mahesh Gour & CA (Dr.) K.M. Bansal, with the following noteworthy features:
- Strictly as per the New Syllabus of ICAI
- [Pictorial Presentation/Charts with Handwritten Fonts] are used in the book for easy understanding of complex concepts
- [Multi-Colour Coded Book] which follows the below structure:
- Black – Heading, Sub-Heading & Important Words
- Blue – Matter/Content
- Red – Section, Rules & Schedules
- Green – Key Code, Date, Month
- Separate Image for Amendments
- [Author’s View] for conceptual clarity
- [RTPs & MTPs of ICAI] This book covers reference to RTPs & MTPs Questions of ICAI
- [Amendments Applicable for November 2021 Examination] are provided
- [4th Edition] of Taxmann’s Indirect Taxes Law & Practice
- [4th Edition] of Taxmann’s CRACKER cum Compiler – Indirect Tax Laws
- [2nd Edition] of Taxmann’s Quick Revision Charts for Indirect Tax Laws
- COMBO of Textbook + CRACKER + CLASS NOTES on Indirect Tax Law | CA-Final
The contents of the book are as follows:
- Goods & Services Tax
- GST in India – An Introduction
- Supply under GST
- Charges of GST
- Exemptions of GST
- Place of Supply
- Time of Supply
- Value of Supply
- Input Tax Credit
- Tax Invoice, Credit & Debit Notes
- E-Way Bill
- Accounts and Records
- Payment of Tax
- Payment of Tax, Interest and other Amounts
- Tax Deduction at Source and Collection of Tax at Source
- Assessment and Audit
- Inspection, Search, Seizure and Arrest
- Demand and Recovery
- Liability to Pay in Certain Cases
- Offences and Penalties
- Advance Rulings
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- Customs & Foreign Trade Policy
- Basic Concept of Customs
- Types of Duties
- Classification of Imported and Exported Goods
- Import Procedure
- Duty Drawback
- Baggage, Stores and Import by Post
- Transit and Transshipment
- Foreign Trade Policy
- Refunds under Customs
About the author
CA (Dr.) Mahesh Gour is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He has over ten degrees; some of them are Ph.D. (Management of Taxation, LL.B., MBA (Finance). He is an eminent and nation famous faculty of Indirect Taxation. He has been teaching tax laws to students at various levels for over 12 years. More than 30,000 students have benefited from his extraordinary teaching skills. He is a professor who uses 3D animation while teaching for conceptual clarity. The students have appreciated his insights & teaching methods and have regarded him as a great motivator. He has over 12 years of experience in advisory.
He is a published author in various newspapers and has authored multiple books on Indirect tax and GST for professionals and students. Currently, he is a visiting faculty at various institutes in Mumbai. He is also a visiting faculty of WIRC of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
CA (Dr.) Mahesh Gour was honoured with the title of Master Mind and Memory Guru for his outstanding skills of memorising.
He is the first and the only professor who uses his unique Mnemonics and Memory Technique methods while teaching, and this is exemplary when he made a 10th Standard student memorise CA Final book with page numbers in mere four days. He is the founder and director of Aaditya Foundation and SDMA Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- Member of Expert Group of ICAI for the formulation of Syllabus of Indirect Tax (2016-17)
- Sub-Group Member of Indirect Tax Committee – WIRC of ICAI (2018-19)
- Member of the Students Committee of WIRC of ICAI (2020-21)
- (Dr.) K.M. Bansal is an Associate Professor in the Department of Commerce, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar College, University of Delhi. He is a Gold Medalist from Shri Ram College of Commerce and University Rank Holder in M.Com. He has done M.Phil. (Accounting and Finance) from Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi. He has been a Guide for students of M.Phil. He is also a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Dr. Bansal is holding a vast professional teaching experience of more than two decades. He is also associated with ICAI and ICSI as a visiting faculty. He has been a speaker at various conferences, seminars and workshops organized by ICAI.
He keeps himself abreast of the latest changes in the field of accounting and law. He is very particular in adopting a uniform approach while analyzing the practical problems on a given topic.
On the occasion of the Diamond Jubilee year of NIRC of ICAI in 2011, Dr. Bansal has been felicitated with a certificate of appreciation to acknowledge and appreciate the valuable and incredible services provided by him.
On 24th February 2016, he was given the same certificate once again to appreciate and acknowledge his services as a Faculty Member during 2015-16. On the occasion of the Annual Prize Distribution Function of ICAI held on 20th February 2016, Dr. Bansal has been awarded for Commendable Contribution in Activities of the profession of NIRC of ICAI. Dr. Bansal has been felicitated with a certificate of appreciation to acknowledge and appreciate the valuable and incredible services provided by him.
Dr. Bansal has been a key speaker at Faculty Development Programmes organised by various colleges of the University of Delhi