Principles of Marketing is a comprehensive & authentic textbook on ‘Principles of Marketing. The book aims to bring an understanding of various aspects of marketing practices.
This book aims to fulfil the requirement of students of B.Com. (Hons.)/B.Com. as per CBCS programme, BBA, MBA & other Commerce and Management courses. Those in the field of marketing will find the book relevant for conceptual understanding.
The Present Publication is the 2nd Edition, authored by Prof. Kavita Sharma & Dr. Swati Aggarwal, with the following noteworthy features:
- [Simple, Systematic & Comprehensive Explaination] The subject matter is presented in a simple, systematic method along with a comprehensive explanation of the concept and theories underlying marketing.
- [Student-Oriented Book] This book has been developed, keeping in mind the following factors:
- Interaction of the author/teacher with their students in the classroom
- Shaped by the author/teachers experience of teaching the subject-matter at different levels
- Reaction and responses of students have also been incorporated at various places in the book
- [Multiple Examples] The book provides deep insights into the core concepts of marketing based on extant literature, examples and cases (Indian context)
- [Pictorial Representation, Tables, Flow Charts, etc.] The chapter discussions are supported by relevant pictures in the form of product advertisement, figures, tables, flow charts to make the text an experience
- [Questions] Each chapter contains a set of discussion questions to review the concepts in the chapter.
Contents of this book are as follows:
- Introduction to Marketing
- Basics of Marketing
- Marketing Environment
- Market Selection
- Consumer Behaviour
- Market Selection: Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- Marketing Decisions Related to Product
- Product Decisions
- New Product Development
- Marketing Decisions Related to Pricing and Distribution
- Pricing Decisions
- Distribution Decisions
- Marketing Decisions Related to Promotion and New Developments
- Promotion Decisions
- Services Marketing
- Relationship Marketing
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing