EBC R V Kelkar’s Criminal Procedure by K N Chandrasekharan Pillai Edition 2021
This classic work provides an interesting study of the fundamental principles of criminal procedure in a logical sequence. The topic wise treatment of the subject along with references to academic writings and the judicial decisions makes the study of criminal procedure meaningful and comprehensible.
The author has incorporated all recent developments in the field of criminal procedure since the publication of the last edition in 2014.
The following are the unique features of the book:
The author has also drawn attention to some ticklish aspects of the Code with a view to foster new thinking in the light of new developments so that criminal procedure law may grow in tune with the times.
Practising lawyers, judges, teachers, students of criminal law, judicial officers, police department officials and all those concerned with criminal law administration will find this thorough work immensely useful.
Extract from the Foreword
Mr Kelkar has brought a fresh approach in this book while dealing with the subject of criminal procedure. There is topicwise arrangement of the subject-matter and analysis of the relevant sections connected with each topic.
Justice H.R. Khanna
Extract from the Overview
With the arrival of Professor Kelkar’s Criminal Procedure the ways of understanding and articulating procedural law discourse in the courts underwent marked transformation…
Prof. B.B. Pande Distinguished Professor., Law National Law University, New Delhi
Table Of Contents:
Table of Cases
Table of Statutes
Overview by Prof. B.B. Pande
1. Object, Extent and Scope
2. Constitution of Criminal Courts
3. Police, Prosecutors, Defence Counsels, Prison Authorities
4. Pre-trial Proceedings—General Observations
5. Pre-trial Procedure: Steps to Ensure Accused’s Presence at the Trial
6. Pre-trial Procedure: Arrest, and the Rights of the Arrested Person
7. Pre-trial Procedure: Search, Seizure and Production of Materials
8. Pre-trial Procedure: Investigation by Police
9. Local Jurisdiction of the Courts and the Police
10. Cognizance of Offences
11. Commencement of Proceedings Before Magistrates
13. Trial Procedures: Principal Features of Fair Trial
14. Trial Procedures: Courts and Parties
15. Trial Procedures: Charge
16. Trial Procedures: Some Common Features
17. Trial Procedures: Disposal of Criminal Cases without Full Trial
18. Trial Procedures: Preliminary Pleas to Bar Trial
19. Trial Procedures: Trial Before a Court of Session
20. Trial Procedures: Trial of Warrant Cases by Magistrates
21. Trial Procedures: Trial of Summons Cases and Summary Trial
22. Trial Procedures: Special Rules of Evidence
24. Review Procedures: Appeals
25. Review Procedures: Revision
26. Transfer of Cases
27. Execution, Suspension, Remission and Commutation of Sentences
28. Preventive and Precautionary Measures
29. Proceedings for Maintenance of Wives, Children and Parents
30. Miscellaneous Provisions
Probing the Problems
There are no reviews yet.