The book introduces two important tools which can help prevent and manage conflicts in business and life in general – negotiation and mediation. Knowing how to negotiate helps you understand the other party’s requirements. Trying to find a middle path to meet others’ interests, while still fulfilling your own, is the first step towards building long – term personal and business relationships. Mediation is a form of conflict resolution technique which is used all over the world to nip disagreements in the bud before they morph into all consuming, public disputes. Mediation is a technique through which disputes can be settled using limited time and finances without making your private matters public. Looking at and dealing with, not just disputes but any stressful situation differently, can change the way they affect the sum total of our life.
- The book covers mediation and negotiation from an international perspective, at the same time adopts a novel approach of relating legal concepts and techniques to Indian folklore.
- It delves into emerging frontiers of neuroscience in conflict resolution, giving the reader insights into existing practices as well as the emerging trends.
- The book encourages disputants, practitioners and policy makers to look at mediation as an effective tool for the dispute resolution. It also gives a good understanding of international negotiation, including cross-cultural nuances.
- This book is an intersection of an admirable guide and a contemporary read. It combines an explanation of the process with sound practical advice on the nitty-gritties of a mediation.
- The case studies included provide excellent illustrations of the way in which, in certain cases, mediation can provide solutions that courts simply may not be able to deliver.
- The second edition of the book reflects on some new and polished aspects that have evolved through the 2020 pandemic, including Online Dispute Resolution (ODR).