Chapter 1. Introduction
Chapter 2. General Explanations
Chapter 3. Of Punishments
Chapter 4. General Exceptions
Chapter 5. Of Abetment
Chapter 5A Criminal Conspiracy
Chapter 6. Of Offence Against the state
Chapter 7. Of offence relating to the army, navy and air force
Chapter 8. Of offence against the public tranquillity
Chapter 9. Of offence by or relating to public sevenths
Chapter 9 A Of Offences Relating to Elections
Chapter 10. Of contempts of the lawful authority of public sevenths
Chapter 11. Of false evidence and offences against public justice
Chapter 12. Of offence relating to coin and government stamps
Chapter 13. Of offence relating to weight and measures
Chapter 14. Of offence affecting the public health, safety , convenice, defency and morals
Chapter 15. Of offence relting to religion
Chapter 16.Of offence affecting the human body
Chapter 17. Of offences against property
Chapter 18. Of offences relating to documents and property marks
Chapter 19. Of the criminal breach of contracts of service
Chapter 20. Of offences relating to marriage
Chapter 20 A of Cruelty by husband or relatives of husband
Chapter 21. Of defamation
Chapter 22. Of criminal intimidation, insult and annoyance
Chapter 23. Of attempts to commit offences
Table of Cases
A textbook with section-wise content flow, this work adopts an entirely different approach to the study of the law of Indian Penal Code; focusing on emerging issues as well as legislative and judicial developments. Significant changes in the well- established rules pertaining to law of crime and developments made have been referred at appropriate places in this work. Relevant statutory changes have been incorporated, and important decisions by apex courts in India, that have either altered the direction of legal principles or thrown new light on existing principles, have been carefully examined.
- A critical commentary covering emerging issues as well as legislative developments
- Focuses on both legislative and judicial developments
- Contains critical appraisal of judgments of Supreme Court and various High Courts
- Extensively updated and revised since the last publication
- The content that has become obsolete or redundant has been removed.
- The present edition caters to the needs of both the Legal professionals and the students.
New to this edition
- Refers to the important changes made to the provisions of the Indian Penal Code vide Criminal law Amendment 2019.
- Includes and incorporate landmark judgments of Supreme Court and various High courts.
- Incorporates relevant statutory changes in the law
- Extensively revised and updated with major developments that have taken place since the last publication.
The obsolete and redundant content has been culled.
- Lexis Red App is compatible with Android (Tablet), iOS(iPad) & Windows 7 and above (PC & Laptop).
- eBook purchases once done on the website, will not be cancelled or refunded.