R.K. Jain’s GST Tariff of India with GST Rates & Exemption of Goods & Services provides complete details about the Taxability & GST Rates along with Ready Reckoner for GST Rates, GST Notifications, Advanced Rulings & Case Laws. It also incorporates basic details, such as:
- How to use GST Tariff?
- How to Calculate Tax under GST
- Introduction to GST Tariff
- Classification of Goods & Services under GST
- List of Nil Rated/Exemption/Non-Taxable Goods under CGST, IGST, SGST & UTGST
- List of Nil Rated/Exemption/Non-Taxable Services under CGST, IGST, SGST & UTGST
- Exemption to Small Taxpayers with annual turnover up to INR 40 Lakh/20 Lakh/10 Lakh (Threshold Exemption)
- Composition Scheme for payment of 1% or 5% GST on Annual Turnover of Goods and Restaurant Service up to INR One and a half crore/75 lakh in a Financial Year
- New Composition Scheme w.e.f. 1-4-2019 for intra-State supplies of services or goods or both on payment of 6% GST (3% CGST + 3% SGST) on Annual Turnover up to INR 50 lakh in a Financial Year for taxpayers not covered under the existing composition scheme for goods and Restaurant services
- Reverse Charge Mechanism (RCM) under GST for Goods & Services
- C.B.I.&C.’s FAQs on Classification of Goods & Services and Rates of GST
- Statutory Provisions for GST levy, Rate of Tax, Exemptions —CGST Act, 2017 (Extracts)
- Interpretative Rules, as applicable to GST Tariff
- List of Abbreviations used in the Tariff
The Present Publication is the 14th Edition, authored by R.K. Jain, as amended by the Finance Act 2021 & Updated till Notifications issued on 14-06-2021.
This book consists of 9 parts.
- Part 1 – GST Tariff; Goods (GST Rates up to 8 Digits of HSN/Customs Tariff & Exemptions under CGST, SGST, UTGST & IGST)
- Rates Specified in Other Acts
- Part 2 – Notifications; GST Rates & Exemption for Goods
- Part 3 – GST Tariff; Services (Chapter 99)
- Part 4 – Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST)
- Notifications issued under IGST
- Part 5 – GST Rates; Ready Reckoner for Goods (Ready Reckoner for GST Rates for Goods under CGST, SGST, UTGST & IGST)
- Part 6 – Compensation Cess for States & Other Cesses for Goods & Services
- Part 7 – Reverse Charge Mechanism for Goods & Services
- Part 8 – Commodity Index with HSN Codes
- Part 9 – Chronological List of Basic Notifications
The coverage of the book is as follows:
- 8 digits HSN wise CGST/SGST/UTGST/IGST rates applicable on supply of goods and services
- Compensation Cess
- Goods and services which are exempt from GST
- Goods and services which are subject to Reverse Charge liability
- All relevant Advance Rulings, Case Laws & department clarifications on the classification of goods and services and rates of GST
- Updated text of relevant GST Notifications
- Composition Scheme
- Alphabetical list of services
- Commodity index with codes
- Explanatory Notes to Scheme of Classification of Services under GST
- Relevant provisions of GST legislation relating to levy, exemption, rate of tax etc.
About the author
Sh. R.K. Jain, the renowned author of Indirect Taxes including Customs, Central Excise, Service Tax, Foreign Trade Policy (FTP), GST and FEMA. He made his debut in early seventies and in the year 1975, he brought out Customs & Excise Tariffs and Manuals which have recently celebrated Silver/ Golden Jubilee Editions.
Excise Law Times (E.L.T.) edited by Sh. R.K. Jain was launched nearly 45 years ago and it brought awakening in the field of Central Excise and Customs. It has grown to be the prime journal on the subject with largest circulation.
Another Journal, ‘Service Tax Review’ was started in the year 2006 and finally R.K. Jain’s GST Law Times was introduced in 2017, after the advent of GST, the major Indirect Tax Reform. EXCUS is the digital version of these Journals.