About the book
The book presents the law and procedures concerning formation, incorporation and conversion of a company under the Companies Act, 2013, with several specimens and precedents. The book is divided into 10 chapters and each chapter explains the law, with the help of English and Indian case law, and procedures on almost all matters requiring procedural compliances.
- Covering detailed analysis of provisions applicable for formation, incorporation and conversion of a company under the Companies Act, 2013
- Provides comparative position of various topics among Companies Act, 2013 and Companies Act, 1956.
- Covers all the procedural compliances pertaining to formation, incorporation and conversion of Companies in detail along with several specimens and precedents.
- Each topic covers various English and Indian judicial pronouncements including the landmark judicial pronouncements.
- Covers various issues pertaining to formation, incorporation and conversion of a company under the relevant topic.
- Covers 250+ model main objects for various businesses.
Dr Chandratre is a Practising Company Secretary at Pune. He has been in the profession of Company Secretary for over 30 years, before which he worked as a Lecturer in Commerce & Accountancy at R A Podar College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai for three years. After serving Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd. for 15 years, his last position being Director (Legal, Secretarial & HR) & Company Secretary, Dr Chandratre entered the practice as Company Secretary. He has also served as President of the ICSI during 1996 and as Vice-President during 1994 and 1995. He was a member Secretarial Standards Board and Chairman of the Core Group on Secretarial Audit of the ICSI. He was also the Chairman of the Expert Advisory Group of the ICSI for the past four years.
Dr Chandratre holds Master’s degree in Commerce, Law degree and Doctorate degree from the University of Pune. He has copious published writings to his credit. He has so far authored over 1000 articles and 26 books on various subjects in the areas of Corporate Laws and Corporate Secretarial Practice. Many of his articles have bagged awards as best articles. He is an active participant in seminars, workshops, conferences and conventions and have so far addressed more than 500 such programmes, besides contributing papers at the National & International levels. Dr Chandratre was a member of the Working Group on Redrafting of the Companies Act, 1956 constituted by the Government of India in August 1996, to draft a new Companies Act to be substituted for the Companies Act 1956.
He was also the Chairman of the Committee on ‘Delisting of Securities’ constituted by SEBI in March 1997. He was also a member of Advisory Committee on Primary Markets of SEBI during 1996. He was a SEBI-nominated Public Representative Director and Chairman of the Board and the President of the Pune Stock Exchange, during April 2004 to April 2005. He was a Member of the Expert Group constituted by SEBI in October 2004 under the Chairmanship of Justice Kania to suggest further amendments to the SEBI Act 1992.
He was the Chairman, Corporate Legislation Sub-committee of Mahratta Chamber of Commerce and Industries, Pune during 1997-98 and 1998-1999 and a member, Legal Affairs Committee of Bombay Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Bombay.
There are no reviews yet.