Bloomsbury India Handbook for Independent Director Examination with MCQs by Rajeev Babel
About the Book:
This book has been designed keeping in mind the needs of professionals who are preparing for the Independent Director’s Online Proficiency Self-Assessment Test. The book would be immensely useful for the chartered accountants, company secretaries, lawyers and management professionals while undertaking the Independent Director’s examination as it gives the updated provisions of different statutes and MCQs relevant for it.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Companies Act, 2013 and relevant Rules (sections 3 to 246)
Chapter 2: Secretarial Standards (SS-1 and SS-2)
Chapter 3: Securities Laws and Regulations (covering SEBI Act, 1992; SEBI (LODR) Regulations, 2015; SEBI (ICDR) Regulations, 2018; Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956 and Depositories Act, 1996)
Chapter 4: Independent Director (covering entire day-to-day reference materials specially meant for the Independent Directors)
Chapter 5: Corporate Governance & Strategy (covering corporate governance and board effectiveness matters)
Chapter 6: Financial Accountancy (covering understanding about the Accounting Standards, Balance-Sheet, Profit & Loss Account, Cash Flow Statements, CARO-2020 and the Financial Ratios) Chapter 7: Case Laws (Includes 7 leading case studies)
About the authors:
Dr. Rajeev Babel Company Secretary & Insolvency Professional Educational Qualification: FCS, Ph.D, MBA, AIIB, LLB, LLM (Business Laws), M.Com Diploma in Corporate Governance (ICSI) Diploma in Internal Audit (ICSI-NIFM) Diploma in Bank Management (IIBF) Diploma in Financial Services (IIBF) Diploma in Training & Development (ISTD) Certificate Course in GST (ICSI-NIFM) Passed Online Proficiency Self-Assessment Test for Independent Director conducted by IICA Experience: ● Worked for 30 years in banking domain in managerial capacity in Bank of Rajasthan Ltd and ICICI Bank Ltd. ● Company Secretary & Insolvency Professional. Experience: ● Fellow Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India, New Delhi. ● Associate Member of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance, Mumbai. ● Life Member of All India Insolvency Professional Association, New Delhi. ● Life Member of Rajasthan Tax Consultants Association, Jaipur. ● Member of Udaipur Tax Bar Association, Udaipur. ● Life Member of Terapanth Professional Forum, Udaipur Other Books Published by same Author and Publisher:
● A Comprehensive Guide to Insolvency Professional Examination. Its 4th edition published in July, 2019 [ISBN: 9789387457485]
● A Comprehensive Guide to the GST Practitioner’s Examination. Its 3rd Edition published in November, 2019. [ISBN: 9789389611946] ● Prevention of Money Laundering: In India and other countries. Published in February, 2019. [ISBN: 9789387457485] ● Legal and Regulatory aspects of Banking. Published in April, 2019 [ISBN: 9789389000672] ● More than 125 articles published in various professional journals. Visiting/Adjunct Faculty at: ● Udaipur Chapter of Institute of Company Secretaries of India. ● Udaipur Chapter of Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
● Pacific University, Udaipur and associated as Research Guide with the University.
● NSE Academy Ltd., Mumbai.
● Chetna’s RK Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai.
● Amity Business School, Amity University, Mumbai.