This book will equip professionals with necessary knowledge tools to practice in
NCLT/NCLAT, acting as their non-verbal guide. Whether it is oppression and
mismanagement cases or winding up/liquidation matters, mergers/de-mergers, or
class actions or an insolvency case, this book helps find answers to most practical
problems. For a new practitioner, this book provides the necessary hand-holding to
understanding the law, practice and procedure for dealing with various types of cases in
NCLT/NCLAT. For professionals already practicing corporate laws, this book will prove
to be invaluable in analysing the evolution of the insolvency code, understanding
applicability of old case laws, resolving transitional issues arising out of
transfer/abatement of existing cases, incisive analysis of new legal provisions and
detailed comparison with the 1956 Act.
– Covers discussion on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (IBC) and related Rules
and Regulations, with commentary thereof w.r.t. corporate persons.
– Includes case digest of Supreme Court, NCLAT and NCLT under IBC and Companies
– Commentary on all areas of practice including mergers & amalgamation, oppression
and mismanagement, winding up, class action & investigation.
– Explores new areas of practice for chartered accountants, company secretaries, cost
accountants and corporate lawyers.
– Detailed comparison of provisions of 1956 Act with 2013 Act.
– Ready reference table containing summary of all the powers of NCLT.
– Includes updated NCLT and NCLAT Rules.
Prachi Manekar-Wazalwar is an advocate and a qualified company secretary, based
out of Mumbai. Currently, she is the managing partner at Wazalwar & Associates
specializing in corporate laws, handling a wide variety of matters including, oppression
& mismanagement cases, M&A, corporate disputes, shareholder disputes, winding up
cases, corporate restructuring, commercial contracts, national and international
arbitration. She regularly appears at forums like the Supreme Court, high courts, NCLTs
& Competition Commission.